- 1 unbaked GF pie crust
- 2 TBSP vegan butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked and diced ham
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° (F) per recipe directions.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then remove from oven and set aside.
To make the quiche:
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° (F).
- Warm the vegan butter in a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the vegan butter has melted, add the onion, broccoli, and garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the broccoli is just starting to soften. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and water until smooth. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the cubed ham in the par-baked pie crust cavity, and then add the broccoli and onion mixture. Use a spatula to evenly disperse the mixture over the bottom of the crust.
- Pour in the beaten eggs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or just until the eggs have set (a little jiggle in the center is okay, the quiche will continue to set up as it cools) and a knife, when inserted into the center of the quiche, comes out clean.
- Let the quiche cool for 15-20 minutes prior to serving.